Welcome to the second issue of the Fall Creek Review of Books (FCRB), # 102.
This issue is available online, here on this page below.
Thanks to the Ithacans and Fall Creekers who contributed reviews/information to this issue.
SEND US YOUR REVIEWS (or Lists of Favorite Books)
We invite you to join us in sharing your enthusiasm for your favorite books.
See this page for more information about reviewing books for FCRB and BLR:
This month, 2020 October, we sent you a link about Banned Books week, the Nobel Prize for Literature, and a new column “Your Favorites” with lists of beloved books. And you’ll find the usual suspects of books reviews about books in any genre, any year, and any theme.
Thanks very much to Ithaca’s Joe Wetmore (owner, Autumn Leaves Used Books) and Lisa Swayze (manager, Buffalo Street Books) for their excellent book lists.
CONTENTS: IN THIS ISSUE # 102
Bookloving Quote/Funfact of the Month
“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. ”
― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
1. Banned Books Week (video)
The Top Ten Most Challenged Books of 2019
ENVIRONMENT / NATURE
2. Animalkind: Remarkable Discoveries about Animals and Revolutionary New Ways to Show Them Compassion
TECHNOLOGY / MEDIA
3. YouTube Channels for Dummies
4. Favorite Books of Joe Wetmore, owner of Autumn Leaves Used Books
5. Favorite Books of Lisa Swayze, manager and buyer, Buffalo Street Books
6. Louise Glück: Congratulations to the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2020 (video)
7. The Beekeeper of Aleppo, by Christy Lefteri
Reviewed by Jennifer Goldenberg
8. Necessary Doubt, by Colin Wilson
Reviewed by Chris Nelson
9. Six Political Bombshell Books Every American Should Read
- Kamala Harris — The Truths We Hold: An American Journey–
Bob Woodward — Rage
- Mary J. Trump — Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man
- Michael Cohen — Disloyal: A Memoir: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump
- Stephanie Winston Wolkoff — Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady by S.V. Dáte
- The Useful Idiot: How Donald Trump Killed the Republican Party with Racism and the Rest of Us with Coronavirus.
== Thanks for Reading ==
Contact us if you would like to send reviews, or lists of your favorite books,
or if there is a book you would like to see reviewed.
— Michael Pastore
Michael AT-SIGN bookloversreview.com
BookLovers Review # 102
2020 October 8
BookLovers Review (BLR) is published monthly, on the month’s 8th day.
Read it on the Net: https://bookloversreview.com
All reviews and lists are Copyright (c) 2020 by the individual authors of the reviews.
BLR is a project of Zorba Media in Ithaca, New York, USA.
Publisher and Editor: Michael Pastore